Thursday, December 30, 2021

A Picture Can Lead to 1,000 Words

 I often take pictures of scenery similar to that in my fiction. Grain elevators feature in Demise of a Devious Suspect, and I have dozens of single and multiple silos.

Because I could not travel to Garrett County, Maryland as I wrote the Family History Mystery Series, I'm especially thankful to have photos of that area. Even more so to have captured images from the trains, since they traverse areas I can't travel by car.

Some of these are in Maryland, others may be in West Virginia. There are no state line signposts among the trees.






Early spring in the Appalachian Mountains.
Note the Dogwood trees.











You can't jump out of a train for close-up photos of flowers. My guess would be this is a form of clover or perhaps sulfur cinquefoil, a perennial almost considered a weed.







This gives you a sense of how close the railroad tracks are to the rivers.





I'm still hopeful that 2022 will let me travel to Maryland as I write book four of the series.

                                                             *                 *                 *

To learn more about Elaine, go to elaineorr.com or sign up for her newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment