Sunday, February 28, 2021

Quotes Bring Ideas

I'm always jotting notes, sometimes in a notebook other times on odd pieces of paper. The challenge is remembering what my abbreviations mean.

Today a friend mentioned a Mark Twain quote: "I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."

It would be a great thing for a character to say upon learning of someone's death. Then the death is ruled a homicide and people remember him/her saying this. Opens the door to wondering about motive.

I'm working on the third book in the Family History Mystery Series (Mountain Rails of Old). The idea won't fit there, but at some time it will come back to me.

                                                            *             *            *            *

To learn more about Elaine, go to www.elaineorr.com or subscribe to her newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment