Drum roll...Thursday, November 8th, is the night the Muncie Library's Kennedy Book Club will vote on which of three Pulitzer finalists deserve the honor. Why are we doing this? Because the committee could not decide. Hard to imagine. The three books are:
Denis Johnson's Train Dreams
Karen Russell's Swamplandia!
David Foster Wallace's The Pale King
One I loved, one I liked a bit and could at least follow the story line, and one led me to think someone counted the votes wrong. I know, how rude! I'll tell you our tally on Thursday.
* * * * * *
Check out Elaine's web page or sign up for her newsletter
Learn about my writing, thoughts on writing, and how to show the world yours. Understated humor is featured in the mysteries--Jolie Gentil (at the Jersey shore), River's Edge (by the Des Moines River in Iowa), Family History Mysteries (Western Maryland mountains), Bay View Harbor (the Chesapeake Bay), & Logland (central Illinois). Live life with friends - even if some of them can be a pain now and then. The name Irish Roots Author reflects my heritage, as expressed in my genealogy books.
No comments:
Post a Comment