Friday, May 31, 2024

Relaxing my Mind to Write

 By Elaine L. Orr

I'm at a retreat this weekend with a group of creative women. I made the decision not to bring my laptop, because I wanted to think about writing but not feel compelled to do it. 

I certainly need to finish my work in progress, but I find not having a laptop with me has taken off a lot of pressure. Instead I'm focusing on nature, music, and conversation. 

However, I'm not able to separate myself from the world of writing. For the first time, I've learned how to dictate a blog post into my phone. I realize that anyone who is remotely tech savvy has been doing that for years. Learning it now gives me a lot of freedom for the future. I'm always trying to do at least three posts a month, and then forgetting. 

My current work in progresswork in progress has a lot to do with technology, since it talks about the way phones are taking over some aspects of people's lives. I get that. But maybe I can use the phone as a resource in other ways now. That would be a plus.


                                                                        *     *     *     *     *     *

 Check out Elaine's web page or sign up for her newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment