I'm not sure why this eclectic annual event tickles my fancy. Perhaps because it's just so....odd.
If you are a fan of Talk Like a Pirate Day, make sure to greet your friends appropriately. Shiver me timbers, look who's here. Ahoy, maties.
I grew fond of the September 19th holiday when searching for an event to use as a fictional fundraiser for the food pantry in the Jolie Gentil mystery series. Any Port in a Storm developed around the theme, and it may have been the most fun book to write.
Scoobie was able to find humor in all aspects of the day. Here is one of his pirate limericks.
A pirate charms, that's not new.
Me ladies he said, what to do?
Said the wench this is fun
But from spouse I must run
Or t'will be no chance for a screw.
Jolie's comment? "Not exactly PG-13, is it?"
- Talk like a pirate
- Talk like a grouchy pirate
- Pretend you are a dead pirate
- Fart like a pirate
- Act like a girl pirate (if you are a boy)
- Act like a boy pirate (if you are a girl)
- Act like an androgynous pirate (if you aren't sure what you are)
- Walk like a fat pirate.
- Show your junk like a pirate
- Drink from your tankard like a pirate
- Walk the plank like a pirate
- Not walk the plank like a pirate
- Stop talking like a pirate