- Would it take more than one breath to get it out?
- If two or three sentences are essential, can some natural movement break up those words? After all, we rarely sit with our hands in our laps.
- Can spoken information be revealed another way?
- What is the person listening to the speaker doing? Can their action or expression alternate with the speaker’s words?
- Would I (or others in the room with the character) be willing to listen to someone go on and on without interrupting them? If not, why would the reader want to put up with that?·
* * * *
Check out Elaine's web page, check out online classes, or sign up for her newsletter.